It's Maddie and India, preparing for our month-long adventure in Zaragoza, Spain. For almost a year now we have been planning to attend Zaragoza's own Sacred Heart, Sagrado Corazon. We will be spending the first hours of 2010 on a plane traveling 3664 miles away from home. We are prepared to face the inevitable language barrier as Gringas (Americans) in Spain. With the help of six years of Spanish classes and the occasional glance at our Spanish-English dictionaries, we hope to learn and enjoy the people, culture and food of Zaragoza.

Colegio Sagrado Corazon de Jesus: The school we will be attending.

http://www.fsbarat.org/

Thursday, February 4, 2010

English

Wow! I am so sorry for the time that I was not writing! I'm in school again, so I can' not say much. But I want to tell you about some of the things that have happened in my days without Maddie. also I apologize to anyone who did not understand my post yesterday, (Lindsey Alpeter) I have translated it for everyone to see.

Sunday: A very sad day. Claudia, Silvia, and I cried a lot because maddie has gone to new york in the morning. Claudia and I were at home all day crying, doing homework, eating, and listening to music. At night we played Wii Sport with the little sister. They were all astounded by my amazing skills and find it very hard to believe that in real life... I can't play tenis. But after the dinner was when the real crying begins. After dinner, the mother received a call by telephone, a neighbor and friend died that morning . He had been suffering from cancer for some months, he was only 16 years old. He was one of Claudia's best friends, she cried all night. It was a sad night at my spanish home and I found it very difficult to fall asleep.

Monday: We woke up and got ready for school like a normal day. In fact, it wasn't, was my first day without Maddie at school and one of the best friends of Claudia had died the previous night. Claudia does not speak in school, and if someone were to ask "Whats wrong?" she began to cry. For the first time during my stay, we went home to eat lunch. And at home there was even more sadness. That night, when Claudia and her parents went to the wake of the boy,Lucia and I were home for two hours. Lucia, who is a big fan of Hannah Montana, asked if I could show her the popular Hannah Montana dance, the "Hoedown Throwdown". These few minutes of laughing and dancing was my favorite part of the day.

Tuesday: The biology teacher was sick and so we got to wake up an hour later. Tuesday was the birthday of our friend Laura, she turned 18! In Spain that means you are an adult. You can do anything. For lunch we ate in the dining room and I got to talk with my friends during lunch. During recess the kids asked me what are the coolest rap singer and songs were in the U.S. I didn't know the coolest, but I showed him some Eminem and he was pretty satisfied... he was still thinking that 50 Cent was most popular before I showed him some music. After recess I gave the gifts that maddie and I bought to Laura. She started to cry a little bit and said she will miss us. After school we went to the Bread Store to buy Palmera, a sweetish bread. I think they are called 'elephant ears' in English ... it was fantastic! Tuesday was a much happier day than Monday.

Wensday: This was not included in Yesterdays post because it was wensday yesterday! We got to wake up early again because every wensday school starts at 9:05. It was a very fun and happy school day. The teachers didn't kick too many kids out of class, there were not too many tears, everyone played soccer at recess... hmm correction, Everyboy played soccer at recess. There was one difference, yesterday, the library was locked last period so I decided to go to french class. French is when Silvia and Claudia's classes combine in this one huge room. It was so much fun, they know less french than english so half the time the kids in the class would look at me and whisper that they liked english so much better. I wish I had gone to more than one french class this entire time, It was really fun and I'm sad that my first class had to be my last. After school Claudia, Silvia, Isabella( silvia's best friend), and I went to hipercore to buy spanish treats and goodies to bring back to the U.S. Although that was very fun I had more fun playing hide and seek in the grocery aisles and tickling Claudia and Isabella with Silvia. Wensday night I started packing, it is the worst task and yet it has to be done.

I feel my stay here getting shorter and shorter and it makes me so sad to think of how much I will miss my friends and school here.

till next time,

Besos India

No comments:

Post a Comment