It's Maddie and India, preparing for our month-long adventure in Zaragoza, Spain. For almost a year now we have been planning to attend Zaragoza's own Sacred Heart, Sagrado Corazon. We will be spending the first hours of 2010 on a plane traveling 3664 miles away from home. We are prepared to face the inevitable language barrier as Gringas (Americans) in Spain. With the help of six years of Spanish classes and the occasional glance at our Spanish-English dictionaries, we hope to learn and enjoy the people, culture and food of Zaragoza.

Colegio Sagrado Corazon de Jesus: The school we will be attending.

http://www.fsbarat.org/

Friday, January 29, 2010

English equivalent

Hey all,

Sorry about my blog being in all spanish yesterday, I was so tired to write in English. I'm just going to sum up what I said, I'm not writing the equivalent in length. Yesterday was a day maddie and I have been anticipating with joy and dread. We were excited to wear our uniforms but that also meant Maddie's final day at school...However we went to school wearing our school skirts and two white shirts and black stockings, I have to say, we made quite a scene ahahha. The girls all loved our uniform because they think ours is much nicer than theirs. They used to have to wear a long grey skirt lower than their knees and a dark sweater over their shirts and they can only wear dark blue shoes. The boys did not really understand why we were wearing the uniform but they thought it was funny more than anything else. Sergio told both of us that he thought our skirts were very ugly, while garci commented that we would get in trouble because they were too short. I never would have thought that our skirts were short, but one teacher who did not know that it was our uniform almost got mad at us because girls are not allowed to wear skirts.



Break was madness. Maddie brought her camera and we ended up taking more than 400 photos. It was so crazy, fun and sad. We would start by taking a photo with just three girls and then millions of people would jump in and before we knew it, we had more than a hundred people per photo. I loved taking photos with all of the people who I had met over the past few weeks. It made me very sad to see all of the photos afterwards because I knew that half of the people who were in them I would never see again...

I am not remembering what I said yesterday very well but I do remember telling one story, a story about a visit to the library. Yesterday I went to the library to do some work while maddie was still in one of her classes. Moto, Golem and their little crew also were there. They sat at the same exact table as me for the whole free and stared at me. It was very very awkward for me because I would be trying to read a book and I would get that uneasy(ish) feeling of someone watching me. Whenever I looked up, Moto's grinning face greeted my confused one from a very close distance. It is very hard to concentrate when you have someone staring at you from a very close distance, I had to pinch myself to keep from laughing.

Again, I ended up writing very late at night and as a result I end quickly and in a very tired state. I will talk to you all either tomorow or the next day about maddies FInal day (depending on how tired I am). However for now, I leave with a swift goodbye and kisses on both cheeks!
India
p.s. I had asked in the last post whether or not it was still wierd to kiss on both cheeks in the U.S. because I have gotten so used to that custom I don't want to stop!
p.p.s. If my english is horrible, please excuse me... I fear I am forgetting how to speak correctly...

No comments:

Post a Comment